Assistance is available to help event organisers with: event planning, funding, professional development, industry trends and Council requirements.
Refer to the guides below for more information on event planning:
- Event Information Kit – general information about holding events in Redlands Coast – Redland City Council
- A Planning Guide – Nonprofit- fundraising events: alcohol, safety and event management – Queensland Government
- A Planning Guide for Event Managers – Alcohol, Safety and Event Management – Queensland Government
- Events in Queensland Handbook – Best practice guidelines for event delivery in Queensland – Queensland Government
Grants and sponsorship
Funding for events is available through a range of government programs, including:
- Redland City Council – Sponsorship program
- Queensland Government – Department of Justice and Attorney General – Community Benefit Funding Programs
- Queensland Government – Tourism and Events Queensland – Queensland Destination Events Program
- Queensland Government – Business Queensland – grants and funding for tourism businesses
- Queensland Government – sport funding and grants
The Queensland Tourism Industry Council Grant Gateway provides a list of funding grants available to the tourism and events industry. It is free for Queensland Tourism Industry Council members or non-members can purchase a subscription.
For assistance with finding relevant grants and writing applications consult the Queensland Tourism and Events Grants Guide.
Keep up to date with the latest industry trends or training:
- The next Redlands Coast Tourism and Events Forum will be in June 2021. Registrations are not open yet.
- DestinationQ Forum is Queensland’s leading tourism industry event, bringing industry and government together.
- Visit DestinationQ Business Support to learn more about available resources
Sign up to receive updates from key event stakeholders:
- Register for Council’s Redlands Coast Tourism and Events e-news
- Subscribe to Tourism and Events Queensland’s Eye on Q and view past editions
- Sign up to Queensland Health’s Newsletter for Coronavirus updates
Community events team
Contact Redland City Council’s Community Events Team to discuss Council requirements for your event on Redlands Coast: