Community Events Team
If you are planning an event on Council land or roads, please contact Council’s Community Events Team to discuss your event:
Grants and Sponsorship
Funding for events is available through a range of government programs:
- Redland City Council’s Sponsorship program (Next round opens Monday 7 September and closes midnight 4 October 2020)
- Department of Justice and Attorney General – Community Benefit Funding Programs
- Tourism and Events Queensland- Queensland Destination Events Program (Round 17 opens 8 July 2020 and closes at 5pm on 7 October 2020)
- Queensland Government grants and funding for tourism businesses
- Queensland Government – Sport Funding and Grants
The Queensland Tourism Industry Council Grant Gateway provides a list of funding grants available to the tourism and events industry. It is free for Queensland Tourism Industry Council members or non-members can purchase a subscription.
For assistance with finding relevant grants and writing applications consult the Queensland Tourism and Events Grants Guide 2018.
Keep up to date with the latest industry trends or training:
- The next Redlands Coast Tourism and Events Forum will be in 2021.
Sign up to receive updates from key event stakeholders:
- Register for Redland City Council’s Tourism and Events e-news
- Subscribe to Tourism and Events Queensland’s Eye on Q and view past editions
- Sign up to Queensland Health’s Newsletter for Coronavirus updates
Redlands Coast Event Equipment Hire
Council has a range of event equipment community event organisers can hire for free. Complete the Equipment Hire Form to borrow Redlands Coast marquees, flag banners, cafe umbrellas and more for your next community event. Event equipment can be collected by appointment from the event shed at Redland Showgrounds, Gate 3B, Long Street, Cleveland. For more information contact Council’s Community Events Team on 07 3829 8999.